Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am a Mother

Lately I have been feeling discouraged about my job as a Mother. My three year old is giving me such a hard time ever since we've had our baby. Sometimes I feel like I can't do anything right or I'm just a bad mom. I've also spent a lot of time without the help of my husband in the evenings. He's been working a lot lately, and I feel for single mom's out there. Wow! I could never do this alone. Just trying to get two kids to bed at night would drive me to insanity. So I've been reading Jane Clayson Johnson's book called "I am a Mother" and there is a quote in it that I especially liked in it.
"If we stop to think what we do, really do, we are building character, and tradition, and values, which meander like a river into the distance and out of our sight, but on and on and on." - Anna Quindlen
It's a good book. If you haven't read it you should.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Annie annie you are a great mom! But I know how you feel sometimes. Sounds like a good book.. Maybe I should read it...

jaesi said...

I am reading that book right now. Its a great lifter upper! I dont believe that you arent a fabulous mom! I know you are.

Malea Ellett said...

Annie, you're so cute! You are an awesome Mom! I have heard that book is good! hmmm, if only i read!?!