Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What happened to bringing "SexyBack?"


Hello to all of Annie's adoring blogophiles! This is Megan Marchant and Jody Hanks, aka, Medy reporting on our experience at the Las Vegas Justin Timberlake concert this past weekend. This was Jody's second FutureLove/SexSound outing and Megan's first to see JT live. So that being said...(thankfully) Megan had no expectations and (unfortunately) Jody had pretty high ones for what was to come. We missed the first act and showed up just in time to watch the arrival of the many "fancilly" dressed women...BEST part of the entire night!! Justin came on at about 9:15 p.m. and sang a lot of songs from his new c.d. and a few from Justified. To our disappointment, it soon became apparent that he was still what you would call "under the influence" from his previous night spent in Viva Las Vegas. Justin took a small moment to take a shot and say a few words that included, "I love to drink." That much was definitely apparent as he slurred over any words that were spoken. Thankfully, even in this condition Justin could dance like nobody's business. His dance moves, as well as those of his dancers, were enough to inspire us to sign up for Prime Time Performers Hip Hop 101 this fall. Timbaland was there and mixed some tunes mid concert and then it was time for "Intermission" as we referred to it. We have never been to a concert that had one of those, but we assumed it was so they could wake up JT from his comatose state under the stage. In summary, the concert had great dancing, good songs, excellent people watching but still seemed to lack quite a bit from our star performer. We ended up leaving with about half the crowd before the encore. That was a first for us both! This concert would probably be money well spent for those hard core JT fans out there, but for those of you sitting on the fence put your money away! Signing off...MEDY

6 comments:

{Annie N.} said...

You guys are hilarious! You need to have your own blogs! I didn't realize that the two of you had a morphed name. Should I be worried? Well thanks for being my guest bloggers.

Mike and Debbie said...

Sweet! Love that you are mooching off of Annie's blog! Love the report! I was wondering how it went! I feel your pain on the performers not performing...I think we shouldn't have to pay until after and then give them what we think it was worth!!

P.S. You Need Your Own Blog!!

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I heard he went & Dj'd a club until morning after the concert ... he must have been doing something mroe than shots!

I would love to see him dance in person.

Meg - start your own blog off with pictures of your house - come on!

Megal said...

Oh the pressure!! I will not succumb! :)

{Annie N.} said...

Do it Meg! You are such a talented writter we would all love it! Please!

C Hansen said...

Great post! Annie how did you get guest bloggers?? Oh ya... everyone loves you! I agree "MEDY" is a very talented writer. Can't wait to hear more.