Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Megan!







Oh the joy and laughter these pictures brought me! Thanks Megs for giving my an excuse to pull them out of the old high school scrap book and blog them. This was one of my highlights from my high school years. I’m pretty sure it was one of my favorite dances that I went to. It was El Cheapo our Senior Year and if any of you don’t know what El Cheapo is it is a dance you get to ask someone to go to the dance but THEY have to pay. Well we showed these boys. We went to the D.I. and picked out some sweet threads and got all dolled up as pligs. We even went as far as renting a one of those huge vans that seat like 20. I got to ride shot gun since my date was the driver so everyone called me Ma all night. We went to eat at Frontier Pies which use to be on the boulevard, and afterwards we {the girls} thought it would be funny to go stand on the “Vard” and show our legs (or pants considering our attire). To our horror some lame guys threw beer on us! I reeked and was worried that they wouldn’t let me into the dance or would lock me up for under age drinking. Some how I got in. After the dance we went to Denny’s and stood at the windows starring at the customers inside .( were holding bats or tennis rackets?) I’m pretty sure we freaked out a lot of people that night. WE sadly looked like the real thing. Ok I’ll stop reminiscing about high school and talk about Bday girl.
Love this girl! SO fun SO energetic. She was voted “ Most Fun” our senior year, and the voters were right on that one. So qualities that Megan have that I wish she would pass on to me are she is very motivated, devoted to eating right and working out, has a great taste in fashion, has THE cutest house , and always has it decorated to the hilt. She can bake & cook the best food. My little bro and I once had her teaching us to cook something new every week. We called it Chef Night and we even had aprons made. Good times. She is frugal ( I really wish you could teach me to be… so would Chad) These are just a few of the many things I love about Megs . I hope you have a happy birthday I’m so glad we have been friends all these years. I’m still really sorry about the “ Sea Doo” incident in the 6 th grade! Love ya!



15 comments:

Jennie Minor said...

Megan! Love you! Happy Birthday!

carly k said...

Nick P. is one handsome plig!!

Megal said...

Thanks Annie! So nice of you to do this for me and the cake was the cutest! We also like to take this moment to let you know that I have decided to forgive you for that "Sea Doo" incident so many years ago. :) Actually, I am thankful for that memory because it is so funny.

{Annie N.} said...

Meg* Finally! I've waited 16 years to be forgiven! That is a huge weight off my chest.

brit said...

I love Megan. I too have great memories of her. (She used to do my hair in the 6th grade. Plus, my mom would let me sleep over at her house all the time on school nights.)

jaesi said...

okay, why didnt we think to dress up like that for a dance?! Seriously the best dance picture Ive ever seen!
HILARIOUS!

Mindi said...

i love my sister. she is hot even when in colorado city attire.

Ryan said...

Wow, we looked good! That dance really was the funnest. Happy B-day Meg.

Joellen said...

I am the one that always say that people who get "voted best" something peak in high school. Not the case for our Meg. She is so much fun and I love her so.

Amy said...

wow, wish I were your friend in high school!! you are too cute and fun! I was just dying of laughter. always wondered what it would be like to dress up like them, i will be anxious to hear more!

Dana said...

I am laughing my head off

Aleisha said...

I love those pics. Ha ha ha

Lesley said...

Annie I am so happy about these pictures! You guys are so funny. It brings back the memories!

stefanie said...

I so remember El Cheapo that year just because of your group! It was classic! Happy Birthday Megan!

stefanie said...

Hey Annie...did you ever get the invite to my blog? If you didn't, email me stefanie_girlie@yahoo.com.