This week as I was trying to find the perfect gift for my Mom & Mother-in-law. It got me thinking a lot about being a Mother. It kind of freaks me out every once in awhile when the realization sets in that I am a Mom, not of just one kid but two kids. It's even crazier that someone trusts me to take care of these little angels. I remember when I right after I had Luke, I was so overwhelmed and thinking ok now what? Is there some kind of manual for this. I feel so unprepared. My sister just kept telling me your Motherly instincts well kick in you'll know what to do. Ha! I hope she is right. I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing especially when it comes to disciplining them. I'm just glad I have lots of mothers around me to help talk me through it. :) This poem was in the Relief Society announcements today and I thought it was neat so I wrote it down.
Motherhood is near divinity. It is the highest holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to angels.I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day today! And I hope you all know how important and appreciated you are. And I especially want to thank my Mom for all she has done for me. It takes having kids to realize all the sacrifices your own Mom made for you.


I can't believe how big maybe babies both are! One thing I love is to see them sleeping and peaceful. I always think of this poem when I see them sleeping.
With a butterfly kiss and a lady bug hug sleep tight little one like a bug in a rug.

Happy Mother's Day!
3 comments:
that is a great poem! And you are a GREAT mom. Hope you had a Happy Mother's day!
That was too cute! Great quotes, adorable pictures, and awesome mom you are!
Oh I love love their newborn pictures! They are so lucky to have you as there mom!
Post a Comment