Monday, August 18, 2008

Seriously?

The other night I was having the hardest time falling asleep. When sleep finally came I was awakened by a very annoying sound. The fire alarm.... no it wasn't the full blown scare just the battery going dead. It may has well been a cricket with a megaphone. Holy ANNOYING. I knew there was no sleeping for me until the battery was changed. So I walked out into the family room to see which one was causing all the racket and of course it was the one our highest ceiling. Which is about 14 feet or higher. Hmm yeah I can't fix that myself and of course Chad is sleeping through all the noise. So I wake him up and ask him to fix it. After about 20 minutes of him sleepily looking around for a latter that doesn't exist. He finally gets a bar stool and the mop stick tapes a knife to it and manages to get the thing open and battery out. Now the trick of getting a new battery in.... So he tapes a battery to the knife a amazingly gets it in. But of course the blasted thing doesn't stop beeping. {He is cussing like a sailor the whole time} For at least 10 minutes he is trying to get the battery in right. I'm exhausted from watching all this so I go back to bed. Then I hear all this banging and pounding. So I come out again to make sure he hasn't fallen or something and he has ripped the whole alarm off the ceiling. Well took care of that. Now how the heck are we going to get that thing back up. Why is it that those things always go off in the middle of the night? I know they are suppose to save our lives in a fire, but those things drive me nuts!

11 comments:

Lisha said...

I have a funny story to go with that. We were woken up by the same thing once right when we were first married. Tyler ended up ripping it off the wall as well. In fact the beeping never stopped and so he ended up putting the whole smoke alarm out on the front porch so we couldn't hear it anymore. We had just gotten back into bed......and beep beep there it was again. In our groggy sleepy state, we had actually taken down the WRONG smoke alarm. It was a completely different one that was actually beeping on the other end of the hall!! We still laugh about it now! Good luck getting yours back up! That is funny!

Jennie Minor said...

I too have a story. Preston was at the gym it was about 5:45 am and the alarm goes off...not just the battery but the alarm. It freaked me out, woke Truman up and I couldn't figure out how to make it stop. There was NO fire, nothing! anyway I got it to stop (or else it just turned off). Anyway sorry that happened to you. at least you have a great story! :)

Aleisha said...

That has totally happened to me. Jason never did end up putting it back on. That is so annoying!

Mindi said...

i have two words for you: am. bien.

Malea Ellett said...

LOL!! Reminds me of our stupid bird!!!!

Krystal Trapnell said...

The Friends episode where Phoebe has a run in with the smoke alarm is great. Your story is great, too, although I'm glad I didn't have to experience it. We had one of ours need a battery change at 4:30 am this week, too, and I nearly fell off the rocker trying to get it off. No one else woke up, thankfully!

Amy said...

have to agree with that! Sounds just like Nick:)

Kena said...

You two are funny Annie!

Lesley said...

Oh my gosh that is the best story. I swear that has happenend to everyone! So funny!

Shanna said...

I love it, thanks for the laugh!! At least you got him out of bed to fix it. It would take a bomb going off to get Justin out of bed.

Mya said...

You won't believe this but the EXACT thing hapened to me! Craig didn't waste time trying to change the battery though, he just went straight to ripping it off the ceiling. It took me 6 months to figure out how to get it back up there.