Monday, October 6, 2008

Grasshoppers & Kitty cats



I'm afraid we've got a Tom Boy on our hands. This little chickadee isn't afraid of anything. Chad caught this grasshopper Saturday morning and the kids played with it all morning. Luke wouldn't get very close but Hallie was perfectly happy with it riding around on her head.

Then later that afternoon Chad thought he'd catch the kids a cat. Don't worry he didn't have a hook on the end of the pole it was a little bass jig that the cat chased around. And what do you know they caught it!

I also want to give a special shout out to my cat loving hubby. Thanks for letting me have girls time on Saturday and some peaceful time on Sunday while he took the kids for a long ride. It was a nice weekend just what I needed after being a hunters widow for the last couple of months.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Amy said...

wow that is so brave, Kaden would have been screaming if anything is on his head or even jumps near it!! I want your bedding, its my exact colors! only downer is I just dont have an xtra 200 right now dang it!!! i love it!!

Aleisha said...

I love the picture of the grasshopper on the head. Oh how funny.

Christina P. said...

What a brave little chick!! Happy Birthday by the way!! Just for the record, I hate to wear a blue shirt with denim also.

Lesley said...

That's awesome! Ellie picked up a praying mantis today and made my skin crawl.

Jami Hansen said...

My kids were freaking out when I caught a grasshopper & kept throwing it at them. She is a tough girl. What a great hubby. I'm going to be a widow on U.E.A weekend. Dan is taking Cutler deer hunting. I need to plan something. Party at Jami's house... Will your dad & mom baby-sit Tayden & Cutler.J/K

Jennie Minor said...

I bet Chad was so proud! haha. She is so dang cute! And you have a cat now?

Kena said...

my boys would freak out if a huge grasshopper like that was on their head. Love it!

bows and more said...

I have not said Hi for a while! Love the grass hopper on the head how funny! And tell Chad we want our cat back Just Kidding! My hubby does not like cats! Hope you had a happy B-day! You look so pretty in your B-day pictures! Thanks for all you do in scouts! You are so great!