This last weekend we went Deer Hunting with Chad, his brother and a few uncles and cousins. We went to Meadow Creek Canyon. The weather was so nice but unfortunately the boys didn't see many deer. While the boys were hunting on Saturday the kids and I drove into Flowell to visit some old friends. Yeah most of you have probably never heard of Flowell it is 5 miles West of Fillmore. My family had a farm there the first 9 years of my life. The house in the picture is the house we lived in. It was fun to drive around and see how everything had changed. The trees we used to play in are now huge. I wish I would have taken a picture of the corn silos we used to play in. When they were full of corn we would climb the ladders and dive into the corn it was the best. We lost many shoes in those silos. It's kind of weird cause I always dream about this house and my 2 friends Jayci & Meladie. I haven't lived there in 20 years and I still keep dreaming about it. I think it was a pretty fun place to spend my childhood. While I was there I went and visited my friend Jayci's mom. She showed us their baby horse & cow and my kids were in love. They had to get right in the pen with them and feed them apples. After we saw the animals we went inside to chat and both of my kids were sitting on her lap and loving her.


Saturday morning we had to go wash or blankets because gas got all over the in the back of the truck. That was a nightmare! The first night our trailer recked we could barely sleep even after we took the blankets out. So Jared and I went to the only Laundry mat in Filmore, and I just about laughed my head off. I'm pretty sure that the machines in the place were older than me. While we waited for the stuff to dry Jared drove us around he has his permit so I figured it was safe... Until we got back to the camp and he told me not to tell his Dad I let him drive. Nice one buddy. Oh well that is a good place to learn how to drive there wasn't much traffic.

Saturday morning we had to go wash or blankets because gas got all over the in the back of the truck. That was a nightmare! The first night our trailer recked we could barely sleep even after we took the blankets out. So Jared and I went to the only Laundry mat in Filmore, and I just about laughed my head off. I'm pretty sure that the machines in the place were older than me. While we waited for the stuff to dry Jared drove us around he has his permit so I figured it was safe... Until we got back to the camp and he told me not to tell his Dad I let him drive. Nice one buddy. Oh well that is a good place to learn how to drive there wasn't much traffic.

2 comments:
So fun!
Ahh...the memories! I still vividly remember your old house! It was my favorite place to play :)
Post a Comment