Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Needles are evil...

So I had to have my blood drawn the other day and I was so not up for it. I've passed out almost every time I've had it done. I had a whole week to think about it, and that was a bad thing. Amber finally drug me into the Dr. office to getter done. I about croaked when the told me how much it cost to get it done and I told the lady they should be paying me to draw my blood. I don't think she thought I was very funny. Then I go back to the room and I make Amber come to distract me. I sit down in the chair and immediately start hyperventilating. I wasn't letting the poor guy get near me once he said tourniquet. So I tell him to wait cause I think I'm gonna pass out. So he gets some little bed thingy for me to lay on the floor. I start panicking again so Amber grabs a magazine and starts reading me some JcPenny's ad. Amber is laughing at me and asks me " what are you two?" The guy laughs and says " only a sister can say that." But you know he is thinking the same thing. At this point the guy is probably thinking I'm nuts so he asks if I have any kids and I said yes two. He's all "well maybe you shouldn't have anymore if you can't handle getting your blood drawn, how in the world did you get an IV?" I told him that I didn't really notice or care cause I was in so much pain from labor. Finally the deed was done and I made it without passing out. I'm sure that guy thought I was the biggest nut that's come in. I was just glad to be done and Amber said we could go get ice cream since I'd done it. Yep chalk me up like one of her kids. I deserved that ice cream!

11 comments:

Aleisha said...

Oh my goodness Annie!! That is hilarious!! I can just picture it. I miss you... I am so glad Amber was there for you. Ice cream was TOTALLY DESERVED!! Love it!

The Wallis Family said...

Ah, the memories...

carly k said...

When I used to work at the hospital it was so funny how some people were so terrified of getting their blood drawn. I'm glad I never had to draw your blood:)

Mike and Debbie said...

Too funny! I'm glad you didn't pass out this time though!!

Cari said...

Now that sounds like one GREAT sis!
(and I would have loved to have watched that!)

Meladie said...

Ha ha! My husband is such a wimp when it comes to that stuff too, and I make fun of him too. I was hoping you were going to announce that you were getting your blood drawn cuz you were prego ;) oh well. Great story anyway, thanks for the laugh!

Jennie Minor said...

I am still laughing about this! Needles aren't fun!

Lisha said...

HA! You are one funny girl! So sorry you had to have such a traumatic experience. Did you get a princess band aid at least? :)

Christina P. said...

What! No pictures? I would have thought for sure Amber would have her camera to document the occasion. That is pretty crazy though. Would you go through the same thing everytime when you would get blood drawn being prego?

candice said...

is this an announcement?

[BrookeO] said...

:) I have the same problem!