Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Traditions


As we approach Christmas Day I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorite Christmas Traditions.


*Looking at Christmas lights for example The Temple, Temple Square is my favorite, decked out houses especially ones with Santa in a helicopter (for Luke's benefit... he can't stop talking about it)


* Feeling the Spirit of Christmas
* Getting Christmas Cards especially ones with family pictures...so fun to look at

* Hot Chocolate!!


* Christmas Party's of any kind


*Christmas Movies I love them all! (except that one with Mario Lopez and the Clarissa chick whats her name?)


*Buying presents for people (if I was rich I do it all year long)


*Christmas Eve *the anticipation*


*My Mom's Christmas Eve Dinner (it use to be candle light until all the little kiddies came). We always play fun games after dinner.


* The Christmas Elf My Mom has her own special elf that delivers us little presents during our Christmas Eve dinner. It's the BEST! He usually brings PJ or slippers fun stuff like that. If your tight with my family you've probably even been the Christmas Elf. I swear Nick Potter was him one year.


* Waking up Christmas morning and running out to see what Santa brought (in my younger days now I get to enjoy watching my kids :) )


* Going to the Nutcracker... It doesn't happen every year but I love it when we get to go.


*When I was little our neighbor had a one horse sleigh and would take us for a sleigh ride in the snow. (That was the farm days.)


* My Mom would always helping other families in need whether it was doing the 12 days of Christmas or Secret Santa. It was such an exciting, humbling thing to be involved in.


*I love love love listening to Christmas music


* the smell of real Christmas trees

I could go on for a long time, but I won't these are just a few. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas !

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I absolutely love everything about Christmas too! Don't you just love the new Josh Groban Christmas CD? Oh, thanks for emailing me those pictures, they are perfect. Have a Merry Christmas!