Four flat tires later my man has returned from a long week of hunting. (How sweet is this picture ?) Which, left me in an uncomfortable situation. I am scared to death to sleep at my house by myself. I made myself do it and I think I have conquered my fear. Wahoo! I didn't get a whole lot of sleep because of my kids but, I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be. Needless to say we are all very happy to have him home.
On a different note Amber and I went to the movie Becoming Jane the other night. I was all excited to see it when I realized it was about the author Jane Austen because I love her books. The show was entertaining until about the end. It was one of the most depressing endings I have ever seen. I'm all about feel good movies with happy endings. This was not, if you haven't seen it I'm going to spoil it for you. (So stop reading if you want to go see it.) She falls in love with this guy and the run away to get married and she decides not to go through with it for inheritance reasons. Keep in mind that the two of them are very much in love. Jane never marries. Then it shows her later in life and she runs into her true love and meets his daughter who he named Jane. How sad is that! I left that movie feeling very depressed.
On a different note Amber and I went to the movie Becoming Jane the other night. I was all excited to see it when I realized it was about the author Jane Austen because I love her books. The show was entertaining until about the end. It was one of the most depressing endings I have ever seen. I'm all about feel good movies with happy endings. This was not, if you haven't seen it I'm going to spoil it for you. (So stop reading if you want to go see it.) She falls in love with this guy and the run away to get married and she decides not to go through with it for inheritance reasons. Keep in mind that the two of them are very much in love. Jane never marries. Then it shows her later in life and she runs into her true love and meets his daughter who he named Jane. How sad is that! I left that movie feeling very depressed.
7 comments:
Yay! I'm so excited for you conquering your fear! Congrats! And ya, I'll never go see that movie now that I know that. It will totally bug me! Thanks for the heads up!
Thanx for ruining for me! Vaughn was so looking forward to seeing that movie. O-well... guess we'll hafta go see Mr. Woodcock instead... wanna go?? Double date?
I actually really liked that movie.
It would have been great to have them be married but I loved how it ended with his cute daughter and the way they still looked at eachother....and the scenery!
Being home alone isnt fun is it...
Wish me luck....Tyler is going to be gone Wednesday morning through Saturday afternoon. I hate it! I've done it before, but I wouldn't say I've completely conquered all my fears of being alone. It's not fun! I'm glad you survived!
I am so glad to hear that you got your man back!! That must have been one LONG week without him, especially since you had all my nieces for part of that time! :) Lucky you! I also saw Becoming Jane, but didn't find it as horribly depressing because I already knew she never married in real life so I was prepared mentally and emotionally for the outcome, although I did wish it could have changed somehow!
Alan is gone so much that I have actually started to enjoy it. It's kind of fun having the house to your self once and a while....of course it's always better when he's home....but we manage to have fun without him too.
I too love Jane Austin. As I was readin your entry I came to the part where you told me to stop. But I JUST COULDN'T STOP reading so now I know the plot, but I'm like you so maybe it's better that I know it'll be a sad ending and I can prepare myself.
Post a Comment